Tambon Taladyai Administration Organization
Location : Moo 5, Tambon Taladyai, Doi Saked district, Chiang Mai
Telephone/Fax : 0-5304-2223-4, 0-5304-2223-4
Brief Historical Background
Chao Phaya Luang was considered the first settler on this area. At that time, only
3-4 households were identified in Ban Mae Ka, formerly called Ban Mae Kha. The first
settler then collected money from traders for the Chiang Mai’s ruler since the community
was crowded by several traders from different places like Tai, Burmese, Indian and
Chinese traders. After his death, Khun Muang took charge for the position and
responsibility. Meanwhile, the Mae Ka Temple was set up. After that, Phaya Thanasarn,
a son of Khun Muang, succeeded as a later community leader and built a school for local children called Mae Ka School. When administration was divided into a village and Tambon, Khun Bampenraj became the first headman of Tambon Hadyai in 1932
combining two villages of Ban Mae Ka and Ban Mae Chong into Tambon Hadyai. The
name of this Tambon was called after its big business area for traders.
Most villagers are natives of Chiang Mai with no records to identify their exact
origin. Language and traditions are similar to Chiang Mai’s residents. Only Moo 2,
Ban Mae Ka Talad has homed several ethics for such a long time like Tai, Chinese and
It was believed that an early settlement of villagers was from two small
communities of Ban Mae Ka and Ban Mae Chong and they were later set up to other five villages at present time.
1. General information
The North borders with Tambon Sa-nga-ban
The South borders with Tambon Mae Kua and Tambon Maepuka (Sunkamphaeng district)
The East borders with Tambon Mae Hoy-ngern
The West borders with Tambon Saranraj
*** 7.4 kilometers from Doi Saked district
Total areas are about 6.491 square kilometers or 4,063 rai of land.
Tambon Taladyai is the flatland in the south of Doi Saked district with an average height at 300 meters. The small canals and rivers keep flowing through the land area for cultivation and water drainage in the rainy season or during flooding.
1.4 Administrative division
There are 5 villages as follows;
Moo 1 – Ban Mae Ka Nua
Moo 2 – Ban Mae Ka Talad
Moo 3 – Ban Mae Ka Tai
Moo 4 – Ban Ban Mae Chong Tai
Moo 5 – Ban Mae Chong Nua
1.5 Population (Data at May 1, 2006)
|Name||Male||Female||Total||Number of households|
|1||Ban Mae Ka Nua||127||138||265||99|
|2||Ban Mae Ka Talad||409||448||857||320|
|3||Ban Mae Ka Tai||423||468||891||346|
|4||Ban Mae Chong Tai||436||422||858||294|
|5||Ban Mae Chong Nua||425||448||837||301|
Source : District Registration Office of Doi Saked
There are totally 4 educational institutions.
|Name of School|
|1||Ban Mae Ka School|
|2||Ban Mae Chong School|
|4||Child Development Center in Mahawanapimuk temple|
|5||Community Learning Center|
2. Economic condition
Most villagers are regarded as farmers since the land area is best for farming. After the rice harvest, vegetables and short-term crops like garlic, shallot, peanut, Thai cucumber and others are planted in Moo 4 and Moo 5. Unfortunately, no cultivation out of the season for Moo 1, 2 and 3 since not enough water is found. Meanwhile, villagers raise the cattle and livestock so as to gain extra income for the families. An average income is THB 20,000-25,000/year/ household.
Apart from cultivation, villagers work as laborers for several work activities like construction, furniture making, wood carving, umbrella making or other folk handicrafts in Sunkamphaeng district. Some of them run some selling business or work for the government and service industries. An average income is THB 20,000-40,000/year/household.
2.2 Business units
- 1 Gas station
- 1 Small industrial factory (Bor Sang Concrete)
- 1 Small hotel (Mae Thi House)
3. Social condition
3.1 Institutions and religious organizations
- 5 Temples
Moo 1 – Wat Srichayaram
Moo 2 – Wat Phromchariyaram
Moo 3 – Wat Sridondoo
Moo 4 – Wat Sunthornsiri
Moo 5 – Wat Mahawanapimuk
- 1 Church (Mae Chong Church, Moo 1)
3.2 Public Health Care
- 1 Health station
- 1 Private healthcare center
- 2 Drug stores
3.3 Life and property safety
- 1 Community police box
- Cemetery for Moo 2, 4 and 5
4. Fundamental services
Transportation on land is the major route to link the village with other places.
A. Route No.1014 Doi Saked-Bor Sang is the paved road and can be
accessible for every season passing through the center of Tambon, Moo 1, Moo 2 and
Moo 3. It is to link the district and province.
B. Route No. 11034 Ban Mae Ka-Nong Hoi is a branch road from Doi Saked-
Bor Sang at Ban Mae Ka Talad, Moo 2 passing through Moo 5, Tambon Mae Hoi-ngern, Tambon Mae Pong and Sunkamphaeng district. It is the paved road and non-asphalt road which can be accessible all year round.
C. Intra roads to link the community
Route 1 is from Doi Saked-Bor Sang at Moo 2 to Moo 4 Ban Mae Chong Tai
passing through the Mahawanaphimuk temple to Moo 5 Ban Mae Chong Nue. The road is paved and can be accessible across the year.
Route 2 is from Doi Saked-Bor Sang at Moo 1 to the center of Moo 1 and to link
Tambon Sa-nga-ban. The road is paved but narrow.
Route 3 is from Doi Saked-Bor Sang at Moo 2 to Moo 3. It is the intra road paved
with asphalt which can be used in all seasons.
- Electricity is fully provided for all five villages.
4.3 Water resources
- 2 rivers (Mae Lai and Mae Pong)
4.4 Man-built water resources
- 129 Shallow wells
- 402 Deep wells
The potential of Tambon Taladyai
A. The potential of Tambon Administration Organization
1. All operation staffs
4 Positions in the Office of Permanent Secretary
4 Positions in the Department of Finance
2 Positions in the Office of Public Work
2. Educational level (The organization’s staffs and workers)
4 High Schools / Vocational Schools
5 Bachelor degrees
1 Master degree
3. Income of Tambon Administration Organization
Annual budget of 2003 at THB 5,883,830.59 as follows;
- Income by the collection of the organization 190,611.70 THB
- Income by the collection of other government offices 4,035,473.83 THB
- Budget supported by the government 1,657,745.06 THB
Annual budget of 2004 at THB 5,883,830.59 as follows;
- Income by the collection of the organization 250,316.69 THB
- Income by the collection of other government offices 4,182,245.55 THB
- Budget supported by the government 2,826,885.00 THB
Annual budget of 2005 at THB 5,883,830.59 as follows;
- Income by the collection of the organization 220,634.70 THB
- Income by the collection of other government offices 6,226,657.51 THB
- Budget supported by the government (General) 2,144,804.00 THB
- Budget supported by the government (Specific) 720,510.00 THB
B. The potential of community and area
1. The groups of people can be divided into the followings;
- Occupation group
- Saving group
- Other groups like Elder group, Housewife Group, Teen Group and etc.
2. Factors for development
1. The total area is small which is convenient for intra coordination of organizations scattered in Tambon and its villages.
2. Two rivers keep flowing (Mae Pong and Mae Lai rivers) and bless the cultivation practices in the areas.
3. Route No.1014 Bor Sang – Doi Saked passing through Tambon provides more convenience for communication and transportation.
4. The lifestyle of villagers is simplest as agricultural farming and friendly society.
5. The community organizations are varied and promote further development in the areas.